Realprocity and its affiliated companies and subsidiaries (collectively, “Realprocity,” “we” or “our”) value your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. Realprocity is a leading provider of online independent realtor and customer referral and matching services. Our technology platform and independent realtor network relationships transform the way customers and their realtors can identify and enter into a service relationship with a realtor in a geographically diverse location.
With respect to this web site, Realprocity hosts and operates it for its own use and benefit and that of the network of brokers and realtors that have established relationships with Realprocity to use and gain the benefit from the Realprocity web services. As such, Realprocity reserves the right to hold and use the data you submit in connection with a transaction processed through the Realprocity web site in the manner described herein. You will be deemed to have opted in to permission for Realprocity’s use of the data as described herein unless you specifically “opt out”.
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
At this website, we only collect information that is necessary to identify a customer, broker or realtor and efficiently enable a referral or engagement. However, that data occasionally may include some personal information such as your driver’s license number, social security number, address, date of birth, and other demographic information. We use the information you submitted to verify your identity, enable a broker, or customer to properly determine suitability of referral services, and enable you to more easily return and transact business with Realprocity affiliates in the future.
Information We Collect Automatically
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
· To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services and for other customer service purposes
· To provide information that is pertinent to your use of our Sites or that you have requested to receive from us in response to your opt-in requests
· To help facilitate and/or administer transactions
· To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Sites or our Services
· To improve our Sites and Services by providing personalized experiences, location customization, personalized help and instructions
· For research purposes
· To send you email, follow-up questions, news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions
· To better understand how users access and use our Sites and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis
When and How Does Realprocity Share Information It Receives?
We do not share your information with any party other those participating parties in our Sites who are directly involved in your transaction unless you have opted in to permit us to share or otherwise use your information. Opt in opportunities if presented will be clear and unambiguous. If there is one, and if you opt in, depending upon which opt in authorizations you provided, we may share your information, including personally identifiable information, with other Realprocity users and non-affiliated and affiliated third parties, but only to the extent you authorized by opting in. If you opt in, depending upon which opt in authorizations you provided, we may use your information in connection with our own sales and marketing activities to make you aware of and/or offer you opportunities to purchase goods and/or services or to register to participate in events, or we may furnish your information as follows:
· Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your information will be subject to this Policy.
· Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. For example, these providers may help us administer our Sites and Applications or facilitate, manage, and/or administer transactions. These third parties have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of information, and to only use such information for the purposes for which they have been engaged by us.
· Other Non-Affiliated Third Parties. We may disclose the information that we collect about you to non-affiliated third parties, such as promotional partners and others with whom we have marketing or other relationships. Those third parties may use your information for marketing purposes, such as to market products and services that they believe would be of interest to you. We also may combine the information that we collect about you with other information that we obtain from third parties. This information may help us to determine what advertisements to direct to you, to place on our website, and where to advertise our Services. As discussed in the advertising section below, you have the right to opt out of certain uses of your information. You also have the ability to opt-into the receipt of certain information from us and non-affiliated third parties. We may share your information to respond to your choices.
We also may share your information for the following reasons:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- Aggregate and Anonymized Information. We may share aggregate or anonymized information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes. For example, if we display advertisements on behalf of a third party, we may share aggregate, demographic information with that third party about the users to whom we displayed the advertisements.
What About Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies?
· Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged in to the Sites. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Sites.
· Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, which may be combined with other user information.
· Third Party Cookies. We may also engage third parties to track and analyze non-personally and personally identifiable website data and to serve advertisements. To do so, we may permit third parties to apply cookies to users of our Sites, where permitted by law, and, subject to your right to opt-out through the Network Advertising Initiative and About Ads (as discussed below). We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Sites and to analyze site usage. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected. These third parties are required to use your information in accordance with this Policy.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Sites who disable their web browsers’ ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Sites; however, many site features, such as the shopping cart, will not function if you disable cookies.
Local Storage Objects. We and our third party service providers may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) in order to store your Site preferences, to personalize your visit or to display content based upon what you view on our Site. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. In addition, you cannot control, delete or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash cookies, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Other Technologies. We use web beacons, such as clear GIFs, web bugs or pixel tags, which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs in connection with our Sites to, among other things, track the activities of website visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about website usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, identify when our e-mails are viewed and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Site Analytics. As noted, Realprocity works with third party service providers who use the technologies described in this section to conduct website analytics to help us track and understand how visitors use our Sites. For example, we use a variety of third party web analytics, to help us improve our Sites’ performance and user experiences.
Third-Party Ad Networks. We may use third parties such as network advertisers to serve advertisements on our Sites. Please see the section entitled “Advertising” for additional information about our practices and your choices with regard to receiving such advertisements.
Third Party Applications
Third party applications may be available on our Sites. The owners or providers of those third party applications may collect personally identifiable information from you. Their collection of information is bound by their own information collection policies and practices. We are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by third parties.
We may display advertisements on our Sites. Some of the advertisements are based on the collection of personal information and others are based on the collection of aggregate information. Please see the bottom of this section for opt-out information.
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks. The website http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp provides information regarding this practice by Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to “opt-out” of third-party ad networks operated by NAI members. You also may contact About Ads at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ for information about opting out of targeted advertising and your choices regarding having information used by About Ads member companies, including how to “opt-out” of third-party ad networks operated by About Ads members. Opting out of one or more NAI members or About Ad members (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Sites or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or About Ad opt-out may no longer, be effective. Additional information is available on NAI’s and About Ad’s websites accessible by the above links.
At times, our Sites and Applications may contain links to other third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but, instead, is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions, including, where appropriate, password protection, encryption, and SSL to protect our Sites and the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, computer, and web-enabled devices, among other things, by signing off after using a shared computer, inserting a password on your web-enabled device, choosing a password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your password private. You should never share your log-in information with others. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen or compromised passwords, or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Can I Access and Modify My Personal Information?
If the web site permitted you to create an account with us and you did so, you may modify any account information that you have submitted, by logging into your account and updating your information. You may also delete your account if you like. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may continue to reside in our systems for a period of time. If the web site did not permit you to create an account with us, you may nevertheless be able to modify and update certain of your personal information to the extent permitted by the state agency; in such cases the web site will furnish you with access to furnish updated information and will guide you through that process. In such case, the same limitations on our use on your updated information will apply that applied to our use of the information you originally supplied.
What Choices Do I Have?
Realprocity.com may send you emails from time-to-time, for example, to ask you about a transaction in which you participated. When you join Realprocity.com you also will have the option of signing up for news and offers from us or other third parties, which may include, information about transaction opportunities, our newsletter, special offers or other items that we (or third parties) believe may be of interest to you.
If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving the information that you have requested to receive from us, you may follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails or promotions from us, we still may send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us, or for other customer services purposes. If you opt-out of receiving our special deals, the special deals still will be posted on our Realprocity.com website.
To opt-out of products, programs, Services or offers from our affiliates and trusted partners, please contact info@Realprocity.com or log into your account and update your subscription preferences.
Consent to Transfer Information to the United States
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using our Sites and Applications, you consent to the transfer and processing of your information in the United States, which does not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area. Your consent is voluntary. If, however, you do not consent, then we may not be able to provide you with our Services.
Special Information for California Consumers
California residents may request a list of all third parties to which Realprocity has disclosed certain personally identifiable information about you for marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
541 North Mount Juliet Road, Ste 2201
Mount Juliet, TN 37122
Realprocity regularly reviews its practices regarding personally identifiable information and this Policy. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us via the above contact information.
Children Under 13
Our Sites and Applications are not designed for children under 13. When you register for an account with us, we require you to submit a birth date. Only those persons age 13 or older may create an account with us. Certain events posted on Realprocity.com are open to children under the age of 13. If registration for such an event is available on Realprocity.com, then we require a parent or guardian to register for the child. If registration is through the sponsor of the Event, please view the sponsor’s website for information about registering for children.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time, so be sure to check back periodically. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change, by highlighting the change on the Sites or by sending an email to you at the email address that you have registered with us.